Wednesday, October 29, 2008

WORLD CHAMPIONS!


I can't believe I'm saying this. I can't believe I'm actually seeing this.

The Philadelphia Phillies are World Champions.

MY PHILLIES are World Champs.

The team I've rooted for my entire life. My first sports love. A Philly team pulled it off.

I'm excited and I don't even think it's sunk in yet.

It felt like everything was against us. The broadcasters. The nation. Major League Baseball. Mother Nature. Yet the Phils kept their cool and won the championship.

They did it for Moyer. They did it for Charlie. They did it for each other.

They did it for Philadelphia.

The Phillies mean a lot to me. Some of my best memories are from Phillies games. I've had amazing times at games with my friends. Some of my best moments with my dad are at Phils games. We rented out a box for my friend Kevin's bachelor party at a Phils game. The Phanatic sat on me and gave my sister Sabrina Dave Hollins' hat.

The last birthday gift my mom ever gave me was a Ryan Howard jersey.

Words fail to describe how this feels. I haven't seen a major championship in this city in my lifetime.

It's finally here.

Congrats to the 2008 World Champion Philadelphia Phillies.

And more importantly, thank you.

No comments: